University Mission and Ministry
Since 2007, I have been part of the Division of University Mission and Ministry at Boston College. In that role, I've been involved in several projects:
- Developing a catechetical program for Catholic students interested in deepening their understanding of the Catholic faith tradition, in the context of the intellectual life of a University
- Programming new faculty lunches addressing the theme of the Jesuit, Catholic dimension of the Boston College mission
- The Messina Ignatian Leadership Program, a pilot that ran from 2009-2010 and offered student leaders an opportunity to practice the Spiritual Exercises with a trained spiritual guide
- A faculty/administrator seminar on Relationships and Sexuality, and the question of social formation of students at Boston College
- Strategic planning for the Division, raising questions about the relationship between issues of academic freedom, student life, and others in the context of the University's commitment to its Jesuit, Catholic history.
Most recently, with the help of others in the Division I am working on the Boston College Roundtable, and edit its journal Integritas: Advancing the Mission of Catholic Colleges and Universities.